Student Employment & Internships
The Office of Visual & Performing Arts offers opportunities each semester to work or intern in a variety of positions at The Ware Center and The Winter Visual and Performing Arts Center. Workers and interns can gain experience in arts presentation in the following areas:
- Event Coordination & Planning
- House Management & Event Support
- Stage Management
- Technical Support
- Business Operations
- Graphic Design & Marketing
- Arts Programming
- Campus & Community Engagement
- Set Up & Tear Down
- Front Desk & Box Office Support
- Accessibility Services Support
How to Apply
1. Go to Millersville University – Welcome to Millersville University and select “Employment” at the bottom left of the page.
2. On the page Employment | Millersville University, select “Apply for a Job” under “General Information.”
3. Select “Search Jobs” on the navigation bar on the left side of the page Millersville University Employment Site | Home.
4. On the page Millersville University Employment Site | Search Jobs, set the “Position Type” to “Student Worker” and then select “Search.”
5. In the search results look for Ware and/or Winter Center in the job postings and then select the desired opening.
6. Select “Apply for This Job.”
7. Create an account to access, complete, and submit an application.
8. Await an e-mail or phone call to inform of the need for an interview.
9. Await an e-mail or phone call to inform of the results of the interview.
10. If a successful candidate, proceed to Student Payroll Services | Millersville University and follow the instructions for obtaining and submitting to human resources the required background checks and clearances and for completing and submitting to payroll the required employment paperwork.
IMPORTANT – Guidelines for student employees:
- You must be a registered student in order to work on campus as a student employee.
- Student employees can work a maximum of 30 hours per week during fall & spring semesters. This includes hours worked in one or multiple departments on campus (the Ware Center is considered “on campus”).
- International Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during fall & spring semesters. This includes hours worked in one or multiple departments on campus.
- During the summer and week-long semester breaks, student employees can work up to 40 hours per week. This includes hours worked in one or multiple departments on campus.
- If a student employee’s GPA falls below 2.0, the student will be on hours restriction for the rest of the semester and may ONLY work up to 20 hours per week.
- One 2 week pay period begins on Saturday and ends on Friday.
- Parking passes are provided for students during their shift at the Ware Center, downtown Lancaster.