Student Employment & Internships
The Office of Visual & Performing Arts offers opportunities each semester to work or intern in a variety of positions at The Ware Center and The Winter Visual and Performing Arts Center. Workers and interns can gain experience in arts presentation in the following areas:
- Event Coordination & Planning
- House Management & Event Support
- Stage Management
- Technical Support
- Business Operations
- Graphic Design & Marketing
- Arts Programming
- Campus & Community Engagement
- Set Up & Tear Down
- Front Desk & Box Office Support
- Accessibility Services Support
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions in COMMUNICATIONS AND PRODUCTION. Please click the links above to view descriptions of current positions that can be considered for student employment or possible internship.
How to Apply
Step 1: Fill out an Application
Step 2: If you are hired following the completion of this application, you must complete the background checks below prior to starting work. These forms and instructions on completing them can be found at Student Payroll Services. Click on Background Clearance Instructions.
- ACT 34 –Criminal Record Check
- ACT 151 – Child Abuse History Clearance
- ACT 114 – FBI Federal Criminal History –Fingerprinting
Step 3: After these background checks have been completed, come to the Payroll Office located at 106 Dilworth Building with the following documents:
- Request to Hire form from the department you will be working in
- Photo ID (MU ID, driver’s license, military ID)
- Original Social Security card
- If you do not have the original SS card and only a photocopy, a birth certificate or a passport can be used as original documentation along with the copy for the I-9 form)
- Proof of completed background checks
- Blank check, bank issued direct deposit form, or a letter from your bank with account information for Direct Deposit of your paycheck
Step 4: After the above documentation is collected and verified by one of the payroll staff, they will give you new hire paperwork to complete. Give yourself at least 15 minutes to complete the packet. This process is not required for unpaid internships.
IMPORTANT – Guidelines for student employees:
- You must be a registered student in order to work on campus as a student employee.
- Student employees can work a maximum of 30 hours per week during fall & spring semesters. This includes hours worked in one or multiple departments on campus (the Ware Center is considered “on campus”).
- International Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during fall & spring semesters. This includes hours worked in one or multiple departments on campus.
- During the summer and week-long semester breaks, student employees can work up to 40 hours per week. This includes hours worked in one or multiple departments on campus.
- If a student employee’s GPA falls below 2.0, the student will be on hours restriction for the rest of the semester and may ONLY work up to 20 hours per week.
- One 2 week pay period beginson Saturdayand ends on Friday.
- Parking passes are provided for students during their shift at the Ware Center, downtown Lancaster.